The Association Pour Que l’Esprit Vive (Let the Spirit Live) was created by Armand Marquiset in 1932.
Its development was realised due to:
- In 1991, the opening of the artistic residence of La Prée,
- In 1992, the first “Rencontres Musicales autour de la Prée” Festival
- In 1997, the opening of the Fait & Cause gallery devoted to social photography under the artistic direction of Robert Delpire
- In 2004, the creation of the website www.sophot.com, devoted to social and environmental photography
- In 2008, the opening of an art gallery “Pour Que l’Esprit Vive” in Paris, for the promotion of the artists in residence at La Prée.